A Natural Found Freedom


Using oil moisturizers was a priority when I was addicted to “Creamy Crack,” also known as a “Perm,” for those who may not be familiar with the term. In fear of extreme breakage and damage, it was mandatory that I used an oil moisturizer on a daily basis, as well as a hot oil treatment in my regular regimen on the weekends.

Since I’ve been natural, I enjoy the freedom and flexibility that natural hair provides. I feel like I have more options and a versatility. According to how I want to wear my hair, I can experiment with texture which provides me with a vast selection of hairstyles which allows my creativity to flow.

I also can fluctuate between heavier, cream-based products to water or oil-based products which I didn't really use when I had a perm.

Some of my favorite oils include: Olive, Coconut, Jamaican Black Castor, Jojoba, Vitamin E, Avocado, Argan, and Almond Oils.

Water was considered the enemy to my perm! Fortunately, I do not have to run out of the rain to cover my hair anymore or worry about how my hair will look once I go swimming. Now, water is actually essential for my hair to grow and maintain moisture. I can even drive in a convertible without worrying about wind-blown hair!

So women who are reading this post and might still be undecided whether they should commit to a natural and go through with the big chop, I just want to ensure you that you will not regret it. I know you probably can’t only go by my testimony, but as you begin your journey you will eventually realize that you have a new-found natural freedom.

Comments

Total Pageviews

Popular Post

Translate