Product Review: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie



I recently purchased the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. It is a cream-based moisturizer. Although the moisturizer is rich and creamy, it is fairly lightweight once applied on your hair. It tends to absorb like butter and instantly transforms dry, brittle hair to shiny, well-moisturized hair. Since I've been using the hair milk by the same company, I was expecting the curl smoothie to increase the natural coils in my hair. Although I did not get the curl results that I expected with this product which may possibly be because I did not apply enough product to the hair, it still provided great results. It is very concentrated so you do not need to use alot of product on the hair and I noticed that the product works well with protective hairstyles such as twist, braids and cornrows. I do believe it would work well for a two or three day twist out style once you've left your twist in for a couple of days.

The main ingredients consist of Shea butter, coconut oil and neem oil along with additional natural ingredients. It does not include sulfates, silicone or Paba ingredients. There is no heavy buildup or flaking left in the hair. Since I've been using the Shea Moisture hairline products, I've had absolutely no breakage besides normal shedding. The product has a wonderful smell and tends to have a long-lasting fragrance. I've also been using the Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Shampoo which is included in the same family which has a tangerine/orange label. In addition, I use the Thickening Growth Hair Milk which has a green label. The main ingredients includes Yucca and Baobab. These products are definitely a keeper and will be kept on my shelf.

Photo Credit: http://bechicmag.com/magazine/category/beauty-blog/hair-beauty/

Comments

Total Pageviews

Popular Post

Translate