Product Review: Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Soap




Photo Credit: Natural Raw Essence
Just like our hair, the cold, brutal winter months can wreak havoc on our skin.

I’m always searching for deep moisturizing products, especially during the winter. I just tried the Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Soap with mango butter and green coffee bean extract.

It is a pretty hefty size bar of soap. It weighs 8 oz. and measures 1.5 inches thick. My initial reaction when I started to shower was that the dye was turning my washcloth pink. I thought it was going to stain my washcloth but after rinsing, it came right out.

The scent is undesirable to me. I was not impressed. It has a combination of a light, fruity and perfume scent which doesn’t really blend together as far as I’m concerned. However, the scent didn't linger and I didn't carry a scent after stepping out the shower. I prefer a clean, fresh scent, myself with a scent that I can smell long after I step out of the shower. (Just a little note to myself, I really wish a brand would make a linen scent just how clothes smell when they come out the wash).

300x250 SheaMoisture
The lather was rich and creamy. Now, this is what you want and expect from a body cleansing product! It was life to my skin. I truly enjoyed the rich lather it produced!

After only one use, the moisturizing benefits left my skin feeling soft, smooth and well-hydrated. My skin didn’t feel tight or dry. In these harsh winter months, no one can afford products that dry out your skin.  I believe this product will improve the skin with consistent use. I also believe using the complete body line would enhance your skin’s texture over a period of time making it softer, smoother and moisturized.

The only regret that I have is that I would have probably selected the lemongrass and ginger scent instead, but that’s just a matter of preference.

Overall, I would recommend this product. It does the job. It cleans and refreshes leaving the body well-moisturized!

If you enjoyed this review, you may want to read more about the Shea Moisture's Superfruit Complex Conditioner here


Disclosure:  If you have minor to severe skin problems such as eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis, please consult your dermatologist prior to use.

Comments

Total Pageviews

Popular Post

Translate