Product Review: Sulfur Butter Cream and Ointment


My latest natural hair treatment is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! A close friend recommended for me to try using sulfur on my hair. I remember when I was younger I use to use a medicated hair treatment by Sulfur 8 which is still on the market. However, I wanted to try something different.

So, what exactly is sulfur? Sulfur is a natural mineral found in the body. Other important minerals include: Sodium, chloride, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. It is a requirement for a combination of proteins and enzymes, processing amino acids and vitamins as well as maintaining healthy joints, hair, skin, and nails. Sulfur is also known for treating psoriasis, dandruff, eczema, and folliculitis.



During my search, I decided to go on Amazon and found a treatment called Sulfur Butter by Braunfels Labs. The ingredients include water, cocoa, coconut, shea butter, sulfur, glycerin, hemp oil, avocado oil and jojoba oil. It is dermatologist recommended and relieves dry and itchy scalp.

The consistency is whipped to perfection. It is a solid base but melts like butter. It has no perfume, fragrances or petroleum. It smells like shea butter which is definitely not a pleasant scent, but it doesn’t leave any lingering odor in your hair.

It is actually the best cream I have ever used in my hair. The company does not skimp on the quantity.  The product is filled to the very top rim of the jar. You do not have to use a lot of the product to see positive results.  I normally just use a nickel size of cream from my index finger and massage into the problem areas as well as applying to smaller sections of my hair prior to twisting.
It comes in three different sizes: Two, eight or thirty-two oz. I prefer the eight oz. jar which is still quite expensive, but after using it, it is well worth the investment.

I wanted to use this product for a couple of weeks before posting a review, so I waited a month before providing this review.

The crown area is already starting to grow and the healthy areas of my scalp is growing extremely fast. I have stopped using all other hair creams in my hair because I truly wanted to see if this product worked in my hair. I can honestly say, it's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

I’ve also noticed that my ends are much thicker. Normally my twists gradually get thinner at the ends and come to a point, but it’s now more uniform to the same thickness equal to the middle section of my twists.


I don’t even need to use anything else at this point! This will actually save me money because I won’t need to buy all the products in the beauty supply store that normally don’t work anyway!

I really wish I found this product months ago when I was suffering from extreme breakage, hair loss, and itchy scalp.  Between using the sulfur cream and my latest find QP Elasta Conditioning Crème Shampoo, I’ve had no issues at all. I’m extremely pleased with the results and the hunt for a product to solve 
my breakage is over.




Comments

  1. Hi, how do you apply to hair? Do you leave over night or do you wash out immediately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah! You should add a nickel size or more to each section of your hair and apply just like any other hair moisturizer. massage into the ends. Do not wash out because you would simply waste the product. It is a hair moisturizer and aids with split ends and dryness. It also aids with itchy, dry skin or scalp.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Post

Translate