Product Review: As I Am Defining Twist Cream



I found this product disappointing compared to their co-wash conditioner.


I applied the L.O.C. method using flaxseed oil as my oil of preference then applied the defining cream to damp hair.

It has a pudding-like consistency. I used this product along with the As I Am Co-Wash Conditioner and Elevation Deep Conditioner.

The cream absorbed directly into the hair easily. There was no initial reaction to this product during the application process.

Once dried, I loosed my twist. It was well-defined but I felt it was stiff and a little dry. It would probably pair well with the Double Butter Moisturizing Cream to aid in additional moisture after washing.

I decided to style in an updo and it provided a beautiful wavy pattern once I lightly brushed my hair upward.

The Pros

§         It seemed to make my strands feel stronger with only one application. It had elasticity which prevents breakage.

It defines curls

It also smells wonderful – good enough to eat! Smells like a cake batter.

The Cons

§     It made my hair feel stiff and was very drying.

Does not feel it’s worth the price. The quantity is much less than the value of the price. 

It was over $15.00 on the “As I Am” website for an 8 oz. jar
(I feel you can achieve the same look with aloe vera gel which is less than half the price.)



Comments

Total Pageviews

Popular Post

Translate