Product Review: As I Am Cleansing Pudding Shampoo





As promised, I have tried the As I Am Cleansing Pudding Shampoo as mentioned in a previous post.  

I was excited to try a new shampoo. I've been carefully analyzing which product line is worth my hard earned dollars. (I've come a loooong way from being a product junkie!)

Since I’ve had such positive results with the As I Am Co-Wash Conditioner, I really felt it was worth my time and money to try the shampoo.

It is a sulfate-free moisturizing cleanser. It contains aloe vera gel, tangerine, castor oil and natural glycerin. It also contains saw palmetto and phytosterols which help eliminate DTH and excess sebum build-up from the scalp.




Initial Reaction

First, the smell was wonderful! It smells just like the co-wash conditioner which is similar to a vanilla cake mix or some type of sweet dessert.

The consistency is similar to a light face or body lotion. During the first application, it didn’t lather. I wasn’t surprised because it’s a sulfate-free shampoo. However, I guess I was expecting it to lather a little bit more due to the description on the bottle which states “A rich beauty bath for your hair.”

I decided to apply a second lather concentrating on the scalp. The shampoo rinsed out easily and my hair felt very soft and moisturized.

End Results

I didn’t feel that “Clean” sensation that I normally feel after washing my hair. It was very soft and detangled easily. The only thing I didn’t like is that some of my locks had single strand knots on the ends. It’s hard to judge if it was caused from not combing thoroughly prior to washing or if my hair length is just getting longer which causes more snags and knots. It’s a hard call. I will have to try using it a few more times to provide a fair review.
  
Final Comments

One thing I noticed is that after I used the shampoo and deep conditioner, my hair was super moisturized and the moisture lasted for about 3 days!!! Normally, my hair is dry the next day after shampooing!!!) That’s the major benefit that I have to share with you.

I believe it’s due to the glycerin as well as the aloe vera gel which retains moisture. I’m normally not a fan of glycerin, but since the product was not going to sit in my hair (which normally gives me a sticky, gluey feeling) I thought it was  great ingredients to include in a shampoo.

(The second thing I noticed is that my hair seemed to swell up or look very thick. I normally have thick, coarse 4c hair, but I’ve had major setbacks on my natural hair journey so it’s not as thick as usual. I’m glad that it has castor oil which will definitely aid in the growth process as well as repair my damaged hair.

I saw a difference in just one application which makes me want to continue using it to see how well this product will work in my hair over time. It takes consistency to notice a difference with any product use.

I would recommend this shampoo if you’re searching for a boost of moisture as we head into the winter season. I feel this would be a great moisturizing shampoo to add to your regimen. 

As you know, every product works differently on each person so weigh your options carefully.





Comments

Total Pageviews

Popular Post

Translate