Product Review: Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap

Photo Credit:  NaturalRawEssence.blogspot.com
I recently purchased this product out of curiosity after finding out that the soap can be used 18 different ways. I purchased the liquid form, but it also comes in a bar. It is found in your local health food store.


This miracle soap can be used to as:  Facial cleanser, body wash, shampoo, hand soap, shaving lotion, toothpaste, fruit and vegetable rinse, aromatherapy, dish soap, laundry detergent, mopping floors, washing a car, all-purpose cleaner, washing pets and other creative uses.

This is a concentrated soap, so a little goes a long way. It is made from pure vegetable oil-based ingredients. It includes coconut oil, organic olive oil, hemp oil, organic jojoba oil and citrus acid. The liquid soap also contains potassium hydroxide and saponify while the bar soap has sodium hydroxide. It does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.

The soap is gluten-free and does not contain any common allergens like soy or nuts, however it does contain essential oils. They have a variety of fragrances such as: Peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree, lavender, rose and almond, citrus or plain.

If you decide to use it as a shampoo, it is recommended that you use an acidic conditioning rinse such as Dr. Bronner’s, “Organic Citrus Conditioning Hair Rinse.”

I used the tea tree liquid soap, but I also purchased the rose and lavender scent which I haven’t used as of yet.





Three Ways That was Used: 

  1. Beauty Acccessories Cleaner
Although I will not use it as a shampoo, I thought it was a great way to clean my makeup brushes which left the bristles extremely soft. I also used the soap to clean other hair tools and accessories which stripped it of all dirt, oil and residue. 

   2. Facial Cleanser

I also used it as a facial cleanser which provided a fresh, clean, tingle feeling. 

   3. Body Wash

Lastly, I used as a body wash. I didn’t feel that it lathered very well as first. After adding more product, it lathered successfully. (It was diluted, as recommended.) I did not feel a difference until after I toweled dried and noticed that my skin was excessively soft and smooth and was extremely cleansed. It is also gentle enough to use as a baby wash.

It is definitely a great product to keep around. You just never know how you will use it! That’s the beauty of a multi-functional product, especially in these economically-challenged times!







Comments

  1. Anonymous1/24/2017

    I tried the peppermint liquid soap for the first time and I love ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT jujubeans. 1/24/17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! The peppermint soap is really refreshing! The tea tree soap also has the same feeling!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Post

Translate