How to Make Your Own Natural Hair Conditioning Mask using Yogurt




Since natural hair products are becoming increasingly expensive due to the rapid interest in natural hair in the past few years. I’m searching for inexpensive ways to take care of my natural tresses. As I sat down in front of the computer to think of what my next blog post would be, I instantly thought of “Yogurt” which popped into my head!

Now, I heard of people using yogurt as a hair conditioner as well as hair mayonnaise and eggs in their hair but I’ve never tried any of those remedies.

I’m considering using Greek yogurt as a hair mask due to the thick consistency. I may possibly add a teaspoon of olive oil and honey to my mixture for added moisture since my hair tends to be excessively dry.

After researching online, I found out that yogurt is a beneficial hair treatment. It promotes hair growth and softens the hair. Yogurt includes zinc, calcium, lactic acid, Vitamins B1, B2, B-6 and B-12, protein, and yeast. It is also aids in overall health in your diet. Yogurt has a multitude of benefits that will surely work wonders for your hair including eliminating frizz and dryness.

Since I haven’t actually tried using the homemade conditioner in my hair, I will try using this recipe on dry hair as a precursor to my regular shampoo routine. I will post my results in my next blog post.

Photo Credit:  http://josevilla2.wikispaces.com/Experimentos+caseros


Comments

Total Pageviews

Popular Post

Translate